SPCA - West Auckland - Auckland
Contract: Permanent Full time
Hours of work: 40 hours per week, rostered Monday to Friday between the hours of 7am and 7pm.
Location: SPCA Hobsonville Centre
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
We are currently seeking an exceptional candidate, with proven leadership and management experience, to join the team at SPCA Hobsonville as our Dog Daycare Manager.
In this role you will be responsible for managing all aspects of our Dog Daycare Centre, including the recruitment, training and support of the team. Additionally, being commercially astute, you will utilise your business development experience to identify opportunities to drive growth of the business, ensuring its continued success.
This will be a hands-on role, which will see you working alongside your team in the Dog Daycare and ensuring the delivery of excellent service to our clients.
As our ideal candidate, you will have the following:
- Exceptional people management skills, with proven ability to recruit, train and manage a high performing team.
- Practical canine-handling experience and knowledge, ideally in the Dog Daycare industry.
- Previous business development experience.
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude.
- Be a quick thinker who is proactive and skilled at multi-tasking
- Have a flexible approach to the hours of work, and be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads.
Starting date for this role is mid May 2019, and you will be required to attend training for up to 4 weeks at our centre in Mangere.
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close Sunday 28th April 2019.