SPCA - West Auckland - Auckland
Contract: 3 roles available - 1 x Permanent full-time role, 2 x Permanent part-time roles.
Hours of work will be: Hours will be rostered Monday to Friday between the hours of 7am and 7pm.
Location: SPCA Hobsonville Centre
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
We are currently seeking Dog Daycare Attendants for our exciting new Dog Daycare service opening soon at our Hobsonville Centre.
In this role you will be working as part of the team responsible for the care of our daycare dogs, supervising and managing the dogs to ensure both their safety and wellbeing, and that they have a positive and enriching experience in our care.
Confidence in working with both large and small dogs is a must, as this hands on role will be interacting with all daycare dogs to ensure that introductions, interactions and behaviours are managed appropriately throughout the day.
As our ideal candidate, you will have the following:
- Practical canine-handling experience and knowledge, ideally in the Dog Daycare industry.
- Physically capable of handling dogs of varying sizes.
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude.
- Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare.
- Be a quick thinker who is skilled at multi-tasking.
- Have a flexible approach to the hours of work, and be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads.
- Have excellent computer skills.
- Demonstrate empathy and resilience
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
Starting date for these roles is mid May 2019, and you will be required to attend training for up to 4 weeks at our centre in Mangere.
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close 28 April 2019