SPCA - West Auckland - Auckland
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
We are seeking an experienced Immunologist &/or Vaccine &/or Reproductive Biologist expert to help advance animal welfare.
This Contract for Service is for the production of a fully referenced, comprehensive, literature review of the current science on non-surgical alternatives for sterilisation. The literature review will also provide an examination of the most promising methods of alternatives to surgical sterilisation/long-term contraception for cats. An oral presentation of the findings of the literature review will also be required. The successful candidate will be mentored by an expert in this field.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Proven understanding of immunology &/or vaccines &/or reproductive biology.
- A proven interest track record in publishing.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Well-developed research and analytical skills.
- Experience of completing critical reviews of scientific literature.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with proven ability to be able to communicate complex scientific information to a broad range of audiences.
- Be able to start as soon as possible and deliver the project within a 3 month time period.
Location of the sucessful candidate for this research Contract for Service can be anywhere.
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close Friday 10th May 2019.