SPCA - South Auckland - Auckland
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Hours of work will be: Monday to Friday 8:00AM to 4:30PM
Location: SPCA Centre Auckland
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
We are seeking a friendly, confident, genuine individual to work as an Outreach Co-ordinator on our Outreach Therapy Pets program. This paid position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the program including recruitment, training new volunteers, assessing the animals from the programme and running events and workshops.
Our Outreach Therapy Pets Programme runs across the Auckland region. It involves a number of volunteers who visit rest homes, hospitals and other establishments with their animals (mainly canine) for wellness and therapy purposes. Our organisation relies on the good work and contribution made by our volunteers so we are looking for someone who has a passion for working with both animals and people. The successful candidate needs to have basic knowledge of animal behaviour and animal handling experience (especially canine). Customer service experience, or experience working with people is essential.
- Volunteer recruitment, retention and training
- Animal assessments (predominately dogs). Training on how to conduct these assessments will be provided to you.
- Corresponding with our volunteers and staff working in the establishments they visit
- Coordinating the attendance of our volunteers at events
- Administration and reporting
Skills and abilities:
- A qualification related to the role is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and people skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A positive and friendly attitude
- Strong computer skills
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Flexible, professional and pro-active team approach
- Must be passionate about working with people and animals
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close Thursday 25th April 2019.