Mercy Hospital - Dunedin City - Otago
We are a not-for-profit organisation with charitable status, situated in the heart of Maori Hill in Dunedin. Established in 1936, our main focus is elective surgery, interventional cardiology and chemotherapy. We aspire to provide the highest standard of care in all that we do.
We are seeking highly motivated, proactive and efficient administrator to be part of our busy McAuley team.
The Ward Administrator role is a full time permanent position and will be responsible for providing timely and effective administrative and reception services to support the operational needs of McAuley ward.
This role will provide an overarching administrative and reception support by:
- Providing administrative support for nursing staff and the Clinical Nurse Manager
- Ensuring an efficient and friendly reception service for patients and visitors
- Assisting with the management of bed allocation and staff resourcing functions
- Ensuring patient information is appropriately managed and confidentiality is maintained at all times
- Facilitating process improvement through a focus on detail and quality
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with all staff and Specialists
- Communicating and demonstrating Mercy’s shared purpose and values.
We are looking for candidates with the following attributes:
- A minimum of 3 years recent experience in a key administration role
- Experience in a medical environment would be ideal
- Experience with the development and implementation of new processes and systems
- Knowledge and experience with computer systems
- Excellent interpersonal, relationship management and communication skills
- Ability to undertake multiple tasks simultaneously in an efficient manner
- Is highly organized and structured with the ability to undertake project work/systems reviews
- Is motivated when working independently and uses initiative to proactively find solutions
- Has excellent attention to detail.
Mercy offers a wide range of staff benefits including: competitive remuneration, subsidised meals, free on-site car parking facilities, subsidised gym memberships to name a few. Support for ongoing training and personal development opportunities are also offered.
For further information about Mercy Hospital Dunedin please visit our website www.mercyhospital.org.nz or for more information about the role please email HR Enquiries firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 3 May 2019 at 5pm
To apply for this position you must fill out the following application form. Please complete and attach with your application
Applications close 03 May 2019