Queenstown Lakes District Council - Queenstown - Otago
The most beautiful district in New Zealand continues to experience unprecedented growth; this growth offers career development opportunities for enthusiastic, motivated and results-driven professionals like you.
Queenstown Lakes District Council is at the very heart of the community, employing over 500 staff; we manage infrastructure development, community recreational facilities and planning, building and other regulatory services. With an annual operational budget of over $100m and a capital expenditure programme of $990m over ten years, we are a major part of the district’s economy.
Queenstown is nestled in the Southern Alps of New Zealand on the shores of Lake Wakatipu and is rated as one of the world’s top destinations. Queenstown is renowned for its four distinctive seasons which offer snow-capped mountains during the winter months for snowboarding and skiing, and long hot days which are perfect for mountain biking, food and wine tasting or walking along the many trails Queenstown has to offer during the summer months. Thrill seekers, families and food and wine connoisseurs will all find the Queenstown Lakes District the perfect place to call home.
In this role you will be responsible for maintaining Council’s rating database in an efficient manner, ensuring that accurate system and account records are kept in conjunction with the Senior Rates Officer. It is essential that the rating data is accurate so that the correct rates charges are levied and collected. This role will create Property records in TechOne, process daily EDEs and associated rating factors, as well as reconcile property values to QV on a quarterly basis.
The role will have interaction with internal and external stakeholders and is instrumental in ensuring that QLDC’s rating data is maintained in a timely and accurate manner and that the rating function operates within a strong framework with robust procedures and policies.
- Education to at least High School Cert/NCEA level 2 required
- Minimum three years’ practical experience working with integrated information systems.
- An understanding of local government processes (consents, land ownership, subdivisions etc.).
- Good knowledge of Local Government (Rating) Act 2002 (preferred).
- Proven ability to actively seek out, learn, and incorporate new ideas, methods and technologies to improve current practices.
- Demonstrated ability to take on responsibility and use initiative to prioritise work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Relates well to all kinds of people.
- A current and valid NZ driver’s licence.
- Competitive market remuneration
- Career progression and training opportunities
- Regular working hours
- Subsidised Health Insurance
- Discounted health and fitness club rates at our great facilities
- Relocation allowance will be considered for the right candidates
For more information on this role, or to apply, please visit www.qldc.govt.nz/jobs or feel free to contact Judy Jackson – Senior Rates Officer to find out more about this exciting opportunity to Bring Your Best.