Te Taiwhenua o Heretaunga - Central Hawkes Bay - Hawkes Bay
Te Taiwhenua o Heretaunga has an exciting opportunity for Kaimanaaki to support an innovative residential therapeutic programme for wahine Maori in Otane, Central Hawke’s Bay.
The programme E Hine, based at Te Waireka homestead - Otane, is designed to give wahine the skills and confidence to live fulfilling, constructive lives. We’re looking for well-organised, energetic and creative people to support the residents, ensuring high standards of wellbeing, relationships, learning, participation in the daily life of the household and a high standard of outcomes from the therapeutic programme.
TToH is a family-focused organisation based in Hastings. Our health, social, education and community development teams have been working successfully with whanau across sunny Hawke’s Bay and beyond for the past 33 years.
We focus on helping whanau to achieve best outcomes by creating personalised, wraparound packages of care and support for families or individuals, based on their own particular needs.
Professionalism, co-operative teamwork and a can-do attitude are paramount in our friendly workforce.
Key aspects of this role are:
- Group Facilitation
- Support and guide wahine in the development of life skills such as meal planning, cooking and budgeting
- Co-ordinate house meetings, visits and home leave
- Assist with recreational activities, events and outings
- Implement kawa and tikanga in daily routines
- Assist wahine in accessing healthcare and any other support they need
The successful candidate for this role will have:
- Commitment to an outcomes-focused ethos
- A high standard of professionalism and work ethic
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to communicate with and motivate wahine
- Willingness to work effectively as part of a team
- Knowledge and skills in kaupapa and tikanga Maori
The following permanent roles are available:
- Day Shift (8am-4pm), Tuesday to Saturday
- Evening Shift (4pm-12pm), Thursday to Monday
- Midnight Shift (12-8am), Friday to Tuesday
Casual roles are also available - please indicate your prefererence and availability when applying.
Applications close 29 Apr 2019