Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology - Tauranga - Bay of Plenty
Salary/Wages: $65,000 to $80,000 per annum
Toi Ohomai is one of New Zealand’s largest ITP, with over 1,000 staff delivering contemporary, relevant and high quality education to more than 14,000 students throughout our rohe. We have five main campuses in Rotorua, Tauranga, Taupo, Tokoroa and Whakatane and 68 delivery sites across the Bay of Plenty and South Waikato. Toi Ohomai combines the best of our heritage and the vision of an institution that is well-connected to its stakeholders and partners in maximising access to education for all learners.
Working as part of the Toi Ohomai Marketing & Communications Team, the Senior Graphic Designer will lead the graphic design team, deliver creative and on-brand collateral and design, pitch and implement innovative ideas, improve processes and work collaboratively with teams throughout the institute, have strong communication skills, manage multiple projects and deadlines, and add value to the Toi Ohomai brand throughout the region.
You'll impress us with your solutions-focused attitude, proven leadership skills, and your collaborative and creative approach to design and output. You will work closely with the Marketing and Creative Manager to come up with exceptional, conceptual design solutions with a strategic design point of view - bringing ideas to life with innovative design.
Fast-paced environments will excite you and you’ll know how to produce quality work under pressure. This is a busy team – exceptional organisational skills (and an eye for detail) are a must as you will be juggling multiple deadlines. You will have proven leadership experience within a design team, are able to provide training to upskill staff and expertise and direction in graphic design development.
You’ll enjoy a close knit team atmosphere, plenty of opportunities to try new things and help drive a plethora of new and engaging initiatives, both internally and externally. You'll have a flair for project management, collaboration and implementation of strategy.
Reporting to the Marketing & Creative Manager, this role will contribute significantly to Marketing & Communications Strategy by:
- Building, enhancing and strengthening the Toi Ohomai brand through continual development and innovation.
- Contributing to institutional and cultural sustainability by supporting the execution of faculty and service marketing, and providing insight for the development of the Marketing Matrix.
- Ensuring recruitment marketing collateral is exciting, on-trend and fit for purpose, helping the wider team achieve an increase of 1% in domestic applications.
The key to your success in this role will be:
- Fast and accurate output, managing multiple deadlines and projects at once
- Staying up to date with industry trends to position the institute as an innovative leader
- Strong team management/leadership skills
- Ability to communicate clearly with stakeholders at all levels
- Implementation of fresh, modern design whilst keeping the strategy in mind
- Understanding of multiple marketing channels and how to bring the brand to life across all
Importantly you will be able to demonstrate strong alignment and commitment to our Toi Ohomai Values.
As a responsible employer and education provider, Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable persons and applies relevant policy and practice to meet this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undergo relevant vetting and employment checks.
Applications close 15 May 2019