SPCA - Westport - West Coast
Hours of work will be: Flexible as required
Location: SPCA Westport Centre
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
We are seeking an experienced all-rounder to help cover staff leave and high workload periods. This role will include providing care and enrichment for animals in SPCA care as well as assisting members of the public. This is a casual role and the hours will vary.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude.
- Have practical animal-handling experience and knowledge.
- Have a flexible approach to the hours of work, and be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads.
- Have excellent computer skills.
- Demonstrate empathy and resilience
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close 5pm, Monday 6th May 2019.