Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology - Tauranga - Bay of Plenty
Salary/Wages: $60,000 to $70,000 per annum
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of New Zealand’s newest, and the Bay of Plenty’s largest, tertiary education provider.
Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology is one of New Zealand’s largest Institutes of Technology serving the Bay of Plenty and South Waikato regions with major campuses in Rotorua, Tauranga, Whakatane, Taupo and Tokoroa, and learning centres spread across the region.
We are committed to providing relevant targeted vocational and professional education to meet current and future employment needs. You will be part of an institution that will support the region to grow, increasing access and participation and ensuring enhanced education and employment outcomes for our students.
This position is for an Academic Staff Member with the Beauty team in the Faculty of Tourism, Hospitality and Personal Services. This role involves teaching on our New Zealand Certificate in Beauty Therapy. As an ASM within this team you will be required to teach in the classroom and tutor students; research, review, and update resources and classroom materials; set and mark assessments and enter results; assist with the recruitment and care of students; and actively participate in the team and school environment.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Delivery of the New Zealand Certificate in Beauty Therapy level 5.
- Developing, planning and implementing student assessment, courses and resource material
- Monitoring student progress and results and providing timely and accurate advice and support as required
- Maintaining industry currency and networks
- Assisting with recruitment for new programme delivery
The skills, experience and qualifications required for this role include:
- Fully qualified Makeup artist
- 5 years’ industry experience
- Teaching qualification or experience would be advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills
As a responsible employer and education provider, Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable persons and applies relevant policy and practice to meet this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undergo relevant vetting and employment checks.
Applications close 30 May 2019