Solomon Group - South Auckland - Auckland
Solomon Group prides itself on serving our community, by supporting our people to gain the skills they need to seek employment.
We are looking for an experienced Tutor, who is passionate about working with youth, to deliver our Whanau Ara Mua Youth programme. Whanau Ara Mua, which literally means Families Moving Forward, is a Level 2 NZQA Accredited programme. This is a 35-week programme covering a range of topics including communication skills, problem solving, parenting and time management.
As a Whanau Ara Mua Youth Tutor, you'll have the opportunity to work directly with young parents, helping them to gain the skills to pathway into higher education and employment.
You'll be responsible for tutoring and providing pastoral care to students, creating a vibrant and engaging classroom culture, delivering programme content in a way that is fun and achievable, marking assessments and managing results.
The ideal candidate for this role will:
- Have a passion for (and commitment to) empowering young people to improve their lives and gain employment
- Understand the needs of young parents and have appropriate communication skills
- Have proven success in teaching literacy and numeracy skills
- Have excellent administration, planning and organisational skills and the ability to be flexible
- Have strong computer literacy and time management
- NCALNE or Adult Teaching Certificate
- Have the ability to work as part of a whanau/team
- Be able to work unsupervised and go the extra mile
- Have a clean drivers licence
- Have prior experience working with Work and Income and/or Corrections is an advantage
This is a part-time role, 20 hours per week during term time. If this sounds like something you are passionate about, we would love to hear from you!
Solomon Group will not employ any person in a paid or voluntary capacity, (including on a management committee) who has a conviction for sexual crimes or for any offence involving the harm or exploitation of children. The successful applicant will be required to do a Criminal Records check/Police Vetting Check and any offer is subject to the results of that check. Solomon Group completes Literacy and Numeracy and Drug Testing as part of its recruitment process.