SPCA - South Auckland - Auckland
Contract: Permanent Full-Time
Hours of work will be: Sunday to Thursday 8.30am - 4.30pm (some flexibility may be required)
Location: SPCA Auckland Centre (Mangere)
Are you a Customer Service Superstar? Are you looking for a fulfilling role that helps animals in need? Then this may be the opportunity for you!
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Service Representative to join the team working in our busy reception at our centre in Mangere. This role is responsible for creating the first impression our customers receive when they visit our centre, so we are looking for someone with a warm and welcoming personality who will bring their positive and bubbly attitude to the team.
As this is a fast paced environment, we are seeking a confident candidate with proven experience in a customer service focused role, who loves working with both people and animals and can help our organisation achieve the best possible outcomes for the animals under our care.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Customer Service - answering customer queries and retail sales
- Completing adoptions of animals in our care (some animal handling required)
- Sorting and managing donations that come into the centre (some lifting required)
- Administration, including ordering stock
Our ideal Candidate will:
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude.
- Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare.
- Be a quick thinker who is skilled at multi-tasking.
- Have practical animal-handling experience and knowledge.
- Have a flexible approach to the hours of work, and be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads.
- Have excellent computer skills.
- Exceptional organisation and time management skills.
- Demonstrate empathy and resilience.
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close: Wednesday 24th April 2019.