SPCA - Invercargill - Southland
Contract: Permanent part-time role
Hours of work will be: Monday to Friday - 8.30 am to 2.00 pm
Location: SPCA Invercargill
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
We are seeking a special person to support the Centre as required by recruitment, retention and management of the Volunteer and Foster programmes to ensure the needs of the SPCA Invercargill Centre are met. To support the Centre Manager as required by ensuring the efficient and effective operation of the programmes and that Centre standards are maintained.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Effective communicator who is attentive to detail and committed to delivering high quality work with professionalism.
- Practical common-sense thinker who works well independently and in a small team.
- Transparent and reliable, without exception.
- Positive articulate person who can generate enthusiasm around the SPCA Invercargill service.
- Ability to troubleshoot early and utilise a solutions based problem solving approach.
- Highly organised with ability to prioritise, multi task and meet expected deadlines.
- Displays a “can-do” attitude with ability to energise co-workers.
- Builds and maintains good relationships at all levels both within and outside the organisation.
- Possesses strong conflict management skills including effective outcomes, both within and outside the organisation.
- Ability to manage confidential information with responsibility and integrity.
- Ability to manage stress and handle emotional situations while retaining empathy.
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now.
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close Wednesday 24 April 2019.