SPCA - Palmerston North - Manawatu
Contract: Fixed-term part-time (6 months)
Hours of work will be: 20 hours per week
Location: SPCA Dannevirke
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
The successful management of the SPCA Op Shops generates additional funds to help our Animal Centres, and allow us to extend our reach in promoting our services and encouraging support for our organisation.
We are seeking a positive and motivated Op Shop Manager who will manage all aspects of the retail operation of Dannevirke Op Shop. The fixed-term is a trial to establish if the shops can improve financially under experienced management.
This role is a part time role of 20 hours per week. Working days and hours will be flexible according to need.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in retail management
- Employee and volunteer management experience
- Financial management ability (e.g. banking, reports etc.)
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- A flexible approach to the hours of work
- A passion for animal welfare
- An approachable, professional and positive outlook, with strong work ethic, energy and initiative.
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications close Friday 26th April 2019.