SPCA - Tauranga - Bay of Plenty
Contract: Permanent Full Time
Hours of work will be: 40 hours per week
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
The successful management of the SPCA Tauranga Op Shop generates additional funds to help our Animal Centre, and allow us to extend our reach in promoting our services and encouraging support for our organisation.
We are seeking a positive and motivated Op Shop Manager who will manage all aspects of the retail operation.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in retail management
- An ability to manage, motivate and develop people
- Financial management ability (e.g. banking, reports etc.)
- Passionate about animal welfare
- An approachable, professional and positive outlook, with strong work ethic, energy and initiative.
Your duties will include:
- Day to day store, financial and volunteer staff management.
- Recruit, manage, develop, lead and ‘listen’ to volunteer staff.
- Provide clear and professional communication at all times.
- Quality stock control/warehouse management.
- Ensure a high overall standard of presentation, cleanliness and maintenance within the store.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are followed and in place.
- Arrange marketing, promotion and advertising
- Maintain sound level of financial profitability and meet performance targets.
- Daily banking, and other documentation as required.
- Maintain health and safety standards as set by the SPCA regulations.
- Continued development and improvement of the store.
- Ensure a high standard of customer service and provide a caring, cooperative, friendly atmosphere within the store
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close Friday 26th April 2019