Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology - Tauranga - Bay of Plenty
Information Services Librarian (Tauranga)
Full time, permanent
Student Support - Knowledge & Information Services (Library)
Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology is one of New Zealand’s largest Institutes of Technology serving the Bay of Plenty and South Waikato regions with major campuses in Rotorua, Tauranga, Whakatane, Taupo and Tokoroa, and learning centres spread across the region. Toi Ohomai combines the best of our heritage and the vision of an institution that is well-connected to its stakeholders and partners in maximising access to education for all learners.
We are seeking an Information Services Librarian to join our friendly team. This position is based at the Windermere campus in Tauranga. Travel to the Mokoia (Rotorua) campus and other regional campuses is required.
The Information Services Librarian contributes to the success of staff and students by providing library training and research skills development, developing and maintaining learning resources, supporting the development of an information literacy strategy, and participating in service desk delivery.
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- A degree in library and information studies, or degree and library qualification. Candidates working towards this may be considered.
- Experience working in a library.
- Knowledge and understanding of the theory and practice of information literacy.
- The ability to build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to communicate ideas and concepts clearly and confidently to individuals and groups.
- Advanced information literacy skills.
- An aptitude for technology and a high level of digital literacy.
- Excellent written communication skills.
Your expertise will be vital, but so too is your commitment to the collective team success as demonstrated by our values – Manaakitanga, Kotahitanga, Whanaungatanga and Toitutanga.
Applications close 03 May 2019