Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology - Tauranga - Bay of Plenty
Systems and Serials Librarian (Tauranga)
Full time permanent
Student Support - Knowledge & Information Services (Library)
Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology is one of New Zealand’s largest Institutes of Technology serving the Bay of Plenty and South Waikato regions with major campuses in Rotorua, Tauranga, Whakatane, Taupo and Tokoroa, and learning centres spread across the region. Toi Ohomai combines the best of our heritage and the vision of an institution that is well-connected to its stakeholders and partners in maximising access to education for all learners.
We are seeking a Systems and Serials Librarian to join our friendly team. This position is based at the Windermere campus in Tauranga. Some travel to the Mokoia (Rotorua) campus is required.
The Systems and Serials Librarian contributes to the success of students and employees by ensuring that library resources are easily accessible and available. This role supports the management of the library platform and resources, and manages serial subscriptions. The library platform includes the Koha Integrated Library System, Ebsco Discovery Service, an Electronic Resource Management System, and library web-pages.
We are looking for candidates with:
- A degree in Library and Information studies, or Information Technology, or a degree and library/IT qualification. Candidates working towards this may be considered.
- The ability to build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Experience working in a library.
- Experience in managing web-based tools.
- Understanding of library-related metadata standards and schema.
- Knowledge of open-source software.
- An aptitude for technology and an inquiring mind.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to explain technical information to non-specialists, and to interpret customer issues and clearly explain them to technical support.
- Experience managing serials subscriptions.
Your expertise will be vital, but so too is your commitment to the collective team success as demonstrated by our values – Manaakitanga, Kotahitanga, Whanaungatanga and Toitutanga.
Applications close 10 May 2019