Ballance Agri-Nutrients Ltd - Timaru - Canterbury
Enjoy a mix of hands-on work and customer service? Looking for a challenging and diverse role with a rural focus?
Here at Ballance Agri-Nutrients we are after an energetic and enthusiastic person to join us as a Hub Operator in a permanent full time position based at Timaru. Working alongside a small tight knit team our Timaru Service Centre is a hive of activity, particularly during our busy peak seasons of spring and autumn.
Armed with the passion to offer exceptional customer service, you will perform a range of activities, including loading and unloading spreader and bulk trucks, processing fertiliser orders and controlling stock. Bagging of fertiliser will be required at times and you will be expected to work longer hours through the peak of the season.This role requires some degree of fitness as there will be heavy lifting at times.
Full on-site training and all work-related protective equipment will be provided.
You will be responsible for:
• Processing customer orders & inquiries in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner
• Forklift operation including maintenance
• Fixed and mobile plant operation
• Taking a proactive approach towards environmental, health and safety matters
The successful applicant will have:
• A valid full Class 1 (preferably Class 2) with F endorsement and OSH Certificate. Minimum 12 months forklift experience. Front End Loader (W endorsement), experience would be preferable, but for the right candidate, full training and licensing will be provided.
• Good communication skills with the ability to relate well to others and contribute to a positive team environment
• Proactive attitude to health, safety and environmental management.
• Good computer skills are preferred although training is provided for our in-house systems
We're proud of where we've come from, excited about what we're doing, and passionate about where we're going. Join us on our journey to an even greater future, be part of the team!
If you have the right attitude and a willingness to learn and develop we want to hear from you.
Applications close 28 Apr 2019