SPCA - West Auckland - Auckland
Contract: Fixed Term, Full Time - 12 month parental leave cover
Hours of work: 40 hours
Location: SPCA New Lynn
The SPCA exists to protect sick, injured, lost and abused animals across the country. It succeeds in helping 45,000 animals each year due to the support of tens of thousands of caring Kiwi’s. We’re looking for an extraordinary Fundraising Manager who will help our supporters realise their aspirations for the animals of New Zealand while our current Manager is taking parental leave for 12 months.
Reporting to the General Manager – Marketing & Fundraising and being a key member of a professional and passionate team, the Fundraising Manager is responsible for driving growth in fundraised income by prioritizing the needs and interests of SPCA supporters.
You will continue to build the SPCA’s fundraising programme, and lead a driven fundraising team who are responsible for Direct Mail, Regular Giving, Mid-Level Giving and Community and Events. You will understand what motivates our supporters and how to best connect them to the work of the SPCA.
If you thrive on positive change, know that culture is the true backbone of a great team, and believe it is possible to create the best supporter experience and fundraising programme in the country, then we want to hear from you.
Key responsibilities include:
- Fundraising programme implementation including regular giving, direct mail, mid-level donor programme and community and events
- Reporting and analysis
You will bring to the role:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in fundraising, business development or marketing roles
- A relevant degree qualification
- Experience in running a regular giving programme
- Direct mail marketing
- Donor Development
- Leadership skills
- Experience in analysing results in order to further develop the programme and sustain the best long term return on investment
- Ability to lead and support a team during a period of organisational consolidation
- Personal attributes that include integrity, resilience and determination
This role is based in SPCA’s office in New Lynn and requires some flexibility to work outside business hours, so flexibility and own transport is a must, as is the right to work in New Zealand.
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
Applications close Friday 3rd May 2019.
Start date for the position is Monday 10th June 2019.