Hours of work will be: Monday to Thursday 9:30AM-5.00PM
Location: SPCA Op Shop – Henderson
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872. There are 8 SPCA Op Shops throughout Auckland, these shops help raise the funds that we need for the work that we do. They are an integral part of the process used by our organisation to save the lives of the animals that come through our door.
We are excited to announce that a Retail Manager position is now available at our busy Henderson Op Shop. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with a positive attitude who wants to play a part in helping the animals of Auckland by raising money through selling donated goods.
You will need to have excellent customer service skills and lots of energy as you will be on your feet all day. The ideal candidate will also have cash handling experience and excellent interpersonal skills as they will work alongside an awesome team of volunteers on a daily basis. For this reason, previous experience leading a team is preferential.
A key benefit to this role is going home every day with the knowledge that the work you do supports an amazing cause.
- Management of the shop, Retail Assistant and volunteer team
- Sorting and managing donated items (some lifting required)
- Merchandising and op shop presentation
- Rostering and volunteer recruitment
- Retail Sales, administration and reporting
Skills and abilities
- Team leader/management experience
- Retail experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A positive, friendly and can-do attitude
- Strong computer skills
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Flexible, professional and pro-active team approach
- The ability to work to a budget, meet deadlines and achieve KPI’s
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close: Friday 3rd May 2019