Ballance Agri-Nutrients Ltd - South Taranaki - Taranaki
Ballance Agri-Nutrients Ltd is New Zealand’s recognised expert in agri-nutrient advice, supply and sustainable farm management. Our petrochemical plant at Kapuni in the Taranaki manufactures granulated urea and ammonia which is marketed to both agricultural and industrial customers. Ballance prides itself on proven products, sound science and the right advice!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for you to join the quality focused Laboratory team as one of their Laboratory Technicians. Day-to-day you will be involved in sampling and analysis and your aptitude for learning will enable you to develop a broader skill base due to the variety of processes used on-site as well as the prospect of involvement in Lab development and other projects.
You will be responsible for:
• Sampling and analysis of raw materials and finished product
• Environment sampling and analysis
• On-going servicing and calibration of equipment
To ensure your success in this role you will have:
• 6th Form Certificate in Chemistry and Mathematics or NCEA Level Two in Chemistry and Mathematics (minimum of 20 credits in each)
• Proven work experience in a chemical laboratory
• Proactive attitude to health, safety and environmental management
• A working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• A positive attitude and the ability to relate well to others
• Full Drivers License is essential as you will be required to drive to various points for sampling
Your availability for rostered weekends and on-call works is expected and your adaptability and flexibility is essential to meet business demands. In return we offer you a competitive remuneration package including excellent employee benefits.
If you believe you have what it takes to succeed in this dynamic team, please apply now.
Please note Ballance is unable to provide relocation costs or provide assistance with visas.