Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology - Tauranga - Bay of Plenty
Fixed Term 0.6 FTE (May 2019 – December 2019)
Carpentry Construction Team
Faculty of Trades and Logistics
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of New Zealand’s newest, and the Bay of Plenty’s largest, tertiary education provider.
Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology is one of New Zealand’s largest Institutes of Technology serving the Bay of Plenty and South Waikato regions with major campuses in Rotorua, Tauranga, Whakatane, Taupo and Tokoroa, and learning centres spread across the region.
Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology is committed to providing relevant targeted vocational and professional education to meet current and future employment needs. You will be part of an institution that will support the region to grow, increasing access and participation and ensuring enhanced education and employment outcomes for our students.
This position is for an Academic Staff Member with the Carpentry Construction Team in the Faculty of Trades and Logistics. This role involves teaching on our Level 3 Construction programme based in Tauranga. As an ASM within this team you will be required to teach in the classroom and tutor students; research, review, and update resources and classroom materials; set and mark assessments and enter results; assist with the recruitment and care of students; and actively participate in the team and school environment.
The key responsibilities for this position include:
- Delivery of the New Zealand Certificate in Construction (Level 3) programme.
- Providing leadership in student management
- Developing, planning and implementing student assessment, courses and resource material
- Monitoring student progress and results and providing timely and accurate advice and support as required
- Planning and timetabling for the programme as well as assisting with recruitment
The skills, experience and qualifications required for this role include:
- National Certificate in Carpentry/Trade Certificate or equivalent
- Licenced Building Practitioner – Carpentry Licence Class
- In depth experience and knowledge of NZ’s Carpentry Industry
As a responsible employer and education provider, Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology is committed to the protection of children and vulnerable persons and applies relevant policy and practice to meet this commitment. Successful candidates will be required to undergo relevant vetting and employment checks.
Salary Range; $65,000 - $69,000
Applications close 16 May 2019