CAA - Wellington City - Wellington
Airworthiness Inspector – Helicopter and Agricultural Unit
- Influence and improve aviation safety performance in New Zealand
- Work with a broad range of operators in the General Aviation sector
- Challenging and rewarding aviation career advancement, offering variety and development, where no two days are the same
The Authority is a Crown entity, responsible for the safety and security of New Zealand’s civil aviation system. It has two business arms – the regulatory arm (the Civil Aviation Authority), which is responsible for the safety oversight of the New Zealand civil aviation system, and the security arm (the Aviation Security Service), which provides aviation security services at airports across New Zealand.
About the role
As one of our Airworthiness Inspectors, you will be working alongside a highly motivated team of aviation professionals, dedicated to positively influencing aviation safety standards. You will be joining the Authority at a time when aviation safety management system requirements are being introduced into New Zealand.
In your role, you will use advanced risk management frameworks to inform evidence-based operational decisions and judgements. You will apply an inquisitive, professional and rigorous approach to problem solving and risk identification in the oversight of aviation organisations operating in the helicopter and agricultural sectors to provide confidence that they have embedded safety standards and are actively managing their risks. On a day to day basis you will be involved in operator certification, inspection and monitoring, investigations and safety promotion.
This position is Wellington based and requires regular domestic travel.
What we’re looking for
To be successful in this role you will:
- Hold an ICAO Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Licence or have recognised equivalent experience.
- Have experience in a certificated maintenance/overhaul/manufacturing organisation or equivalent.
- Understand the New Zealand civil aviation legislative and regulatory framework and other statutory requirements affecting the helicopter and agricultural sectors of the aviation industry.
- Be an energetic team contributor who is passionate about aviation safety.
- Be a systems thinker with refined problem solving, critical reasoning and writing skills.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with a strong collaborative focus and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Be respected by others for your integrity, professionalism and experience.
In return you will be given the opportunity to work in a great team. You will be challenged, stretched and rewarded. You will make a valuable contribution to aviation safety across a diverse range of operators within the General Aviation sector. You will also receive ongoing professional development to extend your knowledge and skills.
Culture and benefits
The Authority is located in modern offices opposite the Wellington Railway Station. Our employees enjoy benefits including 4% (gross) KiwiSaver employee contributions and discounted health insurance premiums.
Our staff are passionate about aviation safety and security, and are committed to ‘doing the right thing’.
If this sounds like your next challenge and you have the relevant skills and experience then take a look at the position description here.
If you wish to apply, click on the APPLY button below ensuring you include both your CV and Covering letter.
The Authority embraces diversity and is committed to an inclusive and respectful workplace where everyone is valued for their unique contribution.
Applications close: Sunday 16 June 2019