Ballance Agri-Nutrients Ltd - Invercargill - Southland
The Despatch Operator role is a mix of Loader driving and plant operations. This role requires a proactive attitude to Safety, Health, and the Environment in a chemical and heavy equipment industry. You will perform a range of activities including the loading of bulk trucks, hoppers and general loader operations. Operation of mechanical plant and operator Maintenance. You will need to be physically fit as the job is active.
Here at Ballance Agri-Nutrients we are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic person to join the Despatch team at the Awarua site. This is a permanent full-time role. Saturday work will be required in our peak season, and the occasional night shift work required during shipping operations.
Full on-site training and all work-related protective equipment will be provided.
Key responsibilities include:
• Despatch of fertiliser products
• Wheel loader and forklift operations
• Plant operation and day to day plant cleaning
• Discharge of products from ships
• General site duties, loader maintenance
The successful applicant is preferred to have:
• Class 1 driver license & class 2 but not essential as the right candidate can be trained on the job for class 2.
• Previous experience in despatch or plant operations is desirable with mechanical plant maintence and cleaning experience.
• A customer-driven approach to your work
• A proactive attitude towards safety, health, and environment
• Ability to work flexible hours including weekends and shift-work where necessary
• Good communication skills with the ability to relate well to others and contribute to a positive team environment
Applications close 22 Mar 2019