Port Nelson - Nelson City - Nelson/Marlborough
- Are you skilled in the operation of 20t plus cranes?
- Are you a hardworking and reliable person, looking for your next move in Stevedoring?
At Port Nelson we are the maritime gateway for the Nelson Marlborough region, a vital hub for economic activity and a key stakeholder in the region’s continued growth and prosperity.
Port Nelson is currently recruiting for experienced crane operators to assist in the unloading/loading of log and container vessels in our Nelson and Picton operations. You will be a team player with prior experience in vessel and/or harbour cranes and have the ability to train and develop other team members in similar roles.
You will also have the following attributes:
- Be a cooperative, friendly team player who gets on will with others
- Have the ability to work calmly and efficiently
- Possess a strong work ethic, and focus on health and safety
- Have a high level of honesty and integrity
This position will offer a guarantee of 120 hours over 4 weeks.
In return for your hard work, you will receive competitive wage rates, flexible working conditions so that you can make the most of the enviable climate and outdoor activities the region has to offer, and ongoing training & development.
At Port Nelson Ltd, irrespective of our position, we all strive to uphold our “ASPIRE” values: accountability, safety, passion, integrity/honesty, respect and excellence.
Applicants should have NZ residency or be legally entitled to work in New Zealand.
We operate a drug and alcohol testing programme.