Ballance Agri-Nutrients Ltd - Ashburton - Canterbury
We play at the heart of sustainable, profitable food production, helping Kiwi farmers and growers in our slice of paradise feed more than 20 million people around the world.
We are real people making a real difference to kiwi farmers and sustainable food production. From nutrient management advice, fertiliser and feed to online farm management and aerial topdressing, we work hard to help our farmers get results.
We have a passion for innovation, efficiency and safety. We pride ourselves on putting safety first and having the best people in our team.
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic person to join us as a Service Centre Operator at our operation in Ashburton.
Armed with the passion to offer exceptional customer service, you'll perform a range of activities, including loading and unloading spreader and bulk trucks, processing fertiliser orders and controlling stock. Bagging of fertiliser will be required at times and you will be expected to work longer hours, including Saturdays, through the peak of the season. A certain level of fitness is required as there will be some heavy lifting involved at times.
Full on-site training and all work-related protective equipment will be provided.
You will be responsible for:
• Loader and forklift operation including maintenance
• Operation of the bagging plant
• Processing customer orders & inquiries in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner
• High standard of site and vehicle housekeeping/maintenance
• Taking a proactive approach towards environmental, health and safety matters
• Being involved with continuous improvement systems.
The successful applicant will have:
• A valid full, Class 1 and F endorsed forklift driver’s licence (minimum requirement). Loader licence is desirable (W endorsement)
• Experience operating loaders and forklifts is highly desirable
• Good communication skills with the ability to relate well to others and contribute to a positive team environment
• Proactive attitude to health, safety and environmental management.
• Basic computer skills are preferred and training is provided for our in-house systems
• A driven attitude to be the best, by doing your best.
We believe that by helping you reach your potential we'll reach ours. We're proud of where we've come from, excited about what we're doing, and passionate about where we're going. join us on our journey to an even greater future.
Applications close 22 Mar 2019