Napier Port - Napier - Hawkes Bay
Napier Port is the gateway for goods flowing in and out of Central New Zealand and is at the heart of the Hawke’s Bay economy. We are driven to find better answers for our importers and exporters by leveraging technology, innovation, and the capability of our people.
At Napier Port we’re passionate about the safety of our people and are committed to all people going home safely every day. We also believe in offering all of our staff the opportunity to develop their careers and allow them to set their sights as high as they can go.
We’re currently seeking a Maintenance Coordinator to join our Infrastructure Services team. Reporting to the Infrastructure Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the oversight of the day-to-day trades work programme comprising of hands on tradesman duties and supervising external trades contractor activities.
Key priorities of the role include:
- General trade services (building, carpentry) for the ports maintenance, repairs and construction activities
- Supervise delivery and performance of the contractor trade work programmes – contractors, work scoping and delivery health and safety performance
- Supervise delivery of trades related projects
- Form key relationships with external contractors
- Health and Safety - support a Just Culture Environment
- Provide support and cover to the Senior Maintenance Coordinator
The ideal candidate is someone who has experience in trades work (e.g. building, carpentry) and the supervision of external contractors. They will have the ability to communicate effectively, will be a team player and have a positive work ethic and attitude. Experience driving heavy trucks and a class 4 licence will be advantageous.
If this sounds like you, submit an online application today.
Applications close 27 Feb 2019