Odyssey - West Auckland - Auckland
Would you like to be actively involved in supporting young people to identify patterns in their life that they want to shift, and then supporting them to achieve their potential?
Would you like to play an active part in helping a young person move past feelings of inadequacy, substance use, and aggressive tendencies?
You could be the first person to role model positive living when a young person is ready to notice!
Youth Odyssey Community services provide alcohol and other drug treatment options that are responsive to the needs of young people, their families/whanau and other stakeholders. Youth Odyssey Community services engage and serve young people and their families/whanau across both community and Youth Odyssey residential care.
Youth Odyssey Community Services are delivered according to client needs and there is fluidity and flexibility between engaging with a young person, conducting assessment, providing therapeutic intervention and supporting them into and out of residential care.
We are looking for a Youth Practitioner to join our committed and vibrant Youth Odyssey Community team. This role would be ideal for someone who has experience working in adolescent mental health and addictions and embraces positive youth development.
The ideal applicant will have:
- A degree in Alcohol and Drug counselling, Social Work, Youth Work, or other social service field
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- The ability to practice within a specific treatment model
- A passion for working with young people and their families
- Knowledge of child and adolescent development and of addiction issues
- Excellent engagement, communication and motivational enhancement skills
- Experience working with behaviour change
- Commitment to the Treaty of Waitangi
Youth Odyssey Practitioners are required to be DAPAANZ registered or working towards being registered.
Maturity, reliability, honesty and common sense are essential. Police and MSD clearance checks will be required for this role as well as a full NZ Drivers licence.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation.
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online application form. For all enquiries please contact Jared Johanson, HR Advisor on 09 2815653.
Closing date: Wednesday 27th February 2019 at 4.00pm
Applications close 27 Feb 2019