Odyssey - South Auckland - Auckland
Odyssey supports people to change their lives through the delivery of high quality, comprehensive community and residential services for people experiencing mental health issues and/or an addiction to alcohol, others drugs or gambling.
We are now seeking a full time Registered Nurse to work at our Te Waitua (Co-existing Disorders) facility in South Auckland. You will also be part of the wider Odyssey nursing team, participate in individual professional supervision and be supported in your professional development.
You will be required to
- Manage client’s primary health care and monitor their mental health
- Perform initial nursing assessment and screening of clients
- Organise and assist with doctor's and psychiatrist's visits
- Ensure client’s medication is current
- Follow up on specialist referrals and consultations
- Have well developed computer literacy
- Provide health education to clients and staff
- Be part of the Infection Control team
- Be registered with at least two years post-registration experience, preferably in community or practice nursing
- Be able to work autonomously within a supportive multidisciplinary team
- Have well developed clinical skills in assessment, diagnostic & treatment planning
- Have a sound knowledge of mental health and primary health care nursing
- Be sensitive to and able to work with clients from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Have excellent organisational, communication and reporting skills
- The knowledge and skills to promote good health and hygiene practices
- Have a full, clean NZ Driver Licence
Odyssey offers a safe and stimulating working environment, competitive salary, professional development assistance, 22 days annual leave. This role is 40 hours per week from Monday to Friday.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation. Please note that Police and Ministry of Social Development clearance checks will be required for this role.
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online application form. For all enquiries please contact Jared Johanson, HR Advisor on 09 2815653.
Closing date: Wednesday 27th February 2019 at 4.00pm
Applications close 27 Feb 2019