ASSA ABLOY Australia - Melbourne City - Victoria
Opening Studio Software Co-ordinator
- Join an iconic Australian Brand
- Forbes Top 100 innovative company
- Unlock an opportunity to work for ASSA ABLOY, we're more than just locks
ASSA ABLOY is the global leader in door opening solutions, dedicated to satisfying end-user needs for security, safety and convenience. With offices in over 70 countries, we are represented in all major regions within both mature and emerging markets. Our iconic brands, such as Lockwood, Abloy, Whitco and Yale, are driven by innovation and have been recognised with ASSA ABLOY's inclusion in Forbes' Top 100 most innovative companies list, on four separate occassions.
About The Role
Opening Studio is a global software platform used to collaborate with architects, builders, security consultants, distributors and facility managers involved with door and hardware specification in a BIM or Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) environment.
We currently have an opportunity for a software co-ordinator to join our team based in Oakleigh, Melbourne. The position of Openings Studio Software Co-ordinator reports directly to the BIM Technologies Manager and is a key role in supporting ASSA ABLOY's regional consulting and software integration services for the architectural and construction community. The objective of this role is to make the Openings Studio software platform the preferred application used in door and hardware BIM design, specification, construction and facility management processes.
The key responsibilities for this role will include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the BIM Technologies Manager to maximise allocated technical and operational resources for successful local and regional BIM objectives and goals
- Interact and communicate with ASSA ABLOY global, regional and local IT departments to manage and maintain appropriate infrastructure related to Openings Studio; including management of the Web App, price books and reporting systems
- Work in conjunction with the Development Team to identify product gaps and define customisation requirements for regional and local markets using the Redmine software development issue tracker
- Provide training and technical support to users of Openings Studio internally and externally
- Work in partnership with Product Management and Marketing to ensure the maintenance of Product Information relating to Openings Studio through the use of Informatica PIM
- Actively network within the industry, including professional organisations and software development user groups
- Test and verify software enhancements and modifications where applicable for local regions
Ideally you will have industry related experience such as architectural sales and consulting, construction/project management, Building Information Modelling (BIM) design, software sales and support or similar. Your proven experience developing and delivering professional sales and product training programs will ensure your success in this role, as will knowledge of Building Information Modelling processes and programs; including working with Autodesk Revit Architecture, door families and door schedules. In addtion to your proficiency with similar 3D design software (Graphisoft, ArchiCAD, Bentley Microstation).
We are a global company with a diverse range of opportunities, both locally and abroad. We offer a competitive salary, training and the opportunity to develop and enhance your career. We take great pride in the efforts of our team members who create a supportive team environment and make ASSA ABLOY such a great place to work.
Opportunities like this seldom knock twice so apply now.
For more information on the role, please see the full Position Description listed below.
Applications close 26 Feb 2019