Staples Rodway - Central Auckland - Auckland
Staples Rodway is one of New Zealand’s largest independent accounting firms, specialising in Audit, Taxation, Business and Corporate Advisory Services and Human Resources. The success of our business is based on innovative thinking, the opportunity for professional growth and high-calibre people.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Manager or Senior Manager in our Tax team for someone who is interested in progressing their career. You will get the opportunity to:
- Work with top tier clients across for-profit and non-for-profit entities
- Enjoy more flexibility working in a smaller team, including flexible working hours and casual dress
- Work in an environment where bureaucracy is kept to a minimum
- Get to network internationally as part of the Baker Tilly network
- Work with proven experts and apply your broad tax knowledge
- Be promoted to the next level if you can prove yourself
- Work in a team with a proven reputation (we have been around for 70 years)
If this is what you are interested in, working in the Staples Rodway tax team could be the right move for you. We need an energetic Manager or Senor Manager who is committed to providing clients the best in tax advice while understanding how that fits into their overall business.
The work will involve:
- A broad range of tax work covering all aspects of tax with specialist support when you need it
- Inbound multi nationals, innovative exporters and leading household name businesses in New Zealand
- Existing, well established clients that will be your clients to service and develop from day one
- Autonomy and the chance to establish excellent working relationships across the firm
To be successful, you will require:
- Degree in an Accounting/Finance or related discipline coupled with Chartered Accountant or CPA qualification
- At least 7 years’ tax experience in a reputable New Zealand firm
- An understanding of tax legislation as well as “debits and credits”
- Strong client service focus
- Ability to drive, inspire and motivate high performing teams
- Excellent stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Commercial acumen and strategic mindset for influencing and advising clients
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical, flexible and innovative approach to complex problem solving
- Demonstrated ability in business development including being able to market self and attract new clients to the firm
If you believe that you have the skills and experience to be successful in this position please in upmost confidence apply now.
Staples Rodway is a leading New Zealand accounting and business advisory firm, with 7 offices and over 400 people nationwide (and growing). We are part of the Baker Tilly International network, which has over 30,000 people across almost 150 locations and includes Pitcher Partners in Australia.