Ballance Agri-Nutrients Ltd - Hamilton City - Waikato
New Zealand farmers are saying it's much harder to farm than ever before - that's where Ballance Agri-Nutrients comes in. From nutrient management advice, fertiliser and feed, to online farm management and aerial topdressing, we work hard to help our farmers get results. Through our products and our employees we help New Zealand farmers to get the best out of their land today – and to keep it in great condition for tomorrow.
In the Farm Sustainability Services team, we're passionate about making a real difference to our kiwi farmers and their waterways. We're so proud of what they do - and we want to help show the rest of NZ and the world what we see every day. We are growing fast, and we want you to grow with us.
As a Specialist within our team, you will work alongside our Waikato farmers to help them sustainably produce milk, meat and crops by developing Nitrogen Reference Points and Risk Maps to support the requirements of the Healthy Rivers Wai Ora Plan. You'll pioneer our industry-leading MitAgator tool that brings to life risk areas on farm and calculates the most cost-effective mitigation to meet each farmer's environmental compliance needs. You'll be willing to develop rapidly and be an adaptable member of the team, eager to support other team members when required as our team grows.
We're looking for someone who:
- Has a background in environmental and land management, nutrient management and/or soil science. GIS mapping or on-farm experience is also preferred.
- Has achieved or is working towards the Intermediate Sustainable Nutrient Management course, and can expertly use OVERSEER
- Can communicate science and regional policy clearly (written and verbally) to individual farmers and industry groups
- Adopts and embraces the opportunities that technology brings farmers
- Is a team player - you'll need to enjoy working collaboratively as part of a growing team
If you're as passionate as we are about the potential of the NZ Agricultural Industry - apply now!
Applications close 15 Feb 2019