Totally Tourism - Westland - West Coast
An exciting opportunity exists for a Heli Base Manager to lead our team on the West Coast!
Glacier Helicopters is a trusted and professional helicopter company, working closely with The Helicopter Line providing a number of aviation services within the West Coast region of the South Island.
All of our staff are focused on providing the best client experience, in a safe and enjoyable manner. With a unique knowledge and understanding of the local operating environment and sharing a passion for showcasing this stunning landscape to our customers.
- Being a key part of a high performance, fun and dynamic team
- Responsible for the effective management of Glacier Helicopter Bases in both Franz Josef and Fox Glacier
- Responsible for the smooth day to day running of the front offices
- Leading and developing a team of approx. 12 Helicopter ground crew / Customer service staff
- Overseeing the day to day operations, including Flight Following, loading of Helicopters and coordinating with the West Coast Manager - Ground Operations and Lead Pilot
- Completing monthly reporting and all office administration, including staff rosters and budgeting
- Managing current relationships with external clients and developing new relationships to maximise business opportunities
- At least 3 years’ experience in a supervisor/team leader role
- Previous experience working within helicopter operations or in an aviation environment highly advantageous
- A strong dedication and commitment to safety
- The ability to prioritise workloads to effectively meet deadlines
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Experience with financial responsibilities, including managing staff budgets and wage costs
- A strong work ethic with the ability to multi task and be hands on when necessary
- A passion for excellence in customer service
- Ability to travel on a weekly basis to support the team across both Fox and Franz Josef locations
- Clean Full New Zealand Drivers License or equivalent
- All candidates must be eligible to work in New Zealand
In return we offer full training, a competitive salary, great staff benefits including staff accommodation and a unique working environment.
Please make sure that you have done some research on the West Coast in the South Island of New Zealand before applying.
If you like the idea of living in a close-knit community and are excited by a high energy yet remote environment, then we want to hear from you!
To apply for this position you must fill out the following application form. Please complete and attach with your application