Tranznorth - Whangarei - Northland
This is a role created to react to growth. The successful applicant has an opportunity to participate in the senior levels of this successful family owned business. The role provides a wide variety of tasks, from sorting freight to manifesting using Sapphire and supervisory tasks. A class 2, 4 or 5 license would be a big advantage as it is handy to be able to drive now and then. Similarly experience in manifesting or similar would be good.
The key aspects include:
- Start 7pm, through to 3.30AM, longer hours available at peak times.
- Stores role unloading, checking off and sorting inbound linehaul units, using forkhoist, trolley jacks etc.
- Communicates with returning drivers, and addresses any issues that flow through to the next day, using Sapphire/Translogics and our sign-on-glass units.
- Data entry into Sapphire/Translogics, although most data is done by EDI and the role is therefore mainly manifesting and ensuring any issues that arise are handled both physically and in Sapphire.
- Communications and hand-over with the Morning Stores team (2.30AM) and the Management Team.
Our ideal candidate has experience in supervising small teams, and in logistics and is experienced and capable with physical and forklift work when required. Experience in freight systems is helpful as is an attitude that cares about detail, accuracy and efficiency. At busy times, or when drivers are on leave, it would be useful to have a class 4 license to do a bullet run to Auckland. The key attribute is someone who is capable of continuing our accuracy and DIFOT % at high levels by caring about detail and being able to ensure everyone in the team continues to care as well.
If you see yourself having the skills and attitude we are seeking, including the ability to add value to an experienced management team, we look forward to reviewing your application.
Applications close 31 Jan 2019