Skyline Queenstown - Queenstown - Otago
There’s more to enjoy!
Skyline Queenstown INTERNAL CONFERENCE & EVENTS COORDINATOR
Are you looking to take your Tourism and Hospitality career to the next level?
Want to play a pivotal part in the planning and delivery of internal events for New Zealand’s most visited attraction?
Then act now!
Who we are
Skyline is Queenstown’s largest custom-built conference & events venue. Skyline has the flexibility to cater for an intimate dinner for 10 people, a gala dinner for up to 500 , a cocktail function for up to 650 or a full complex closure for up to 900 people.
What we’re after
We are seeking an experienced Conference & Event Coordinator to play a key role in the coordination and operation of both our internal events, and our newly operating Theatre venue. You will be passionate about top-notch hospitality and be a master multi-tasker, planning and executing both small and large-scale events from conception to clean up.
You will meet with clients and managers to work out event details, plan with the them and their team, coordinate food and beverage, services, staff and special needs. You will work to budgets and keep track of invoices, and generally make sure the event is set up to run smoothly, efficiently and then seek post-event feedback.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- An extremely detail-oriented approach and exceptional organisational skills.
- The ability to work gracefully under pressure and to deadlines, as well as being able to manage multiple projects at once.
- A gregarious and approachable personality that works easily with internal and external partners.
- Good negotiation skills; resourceful and solutions oriented.
- A positive and hands on, 'can do' attitude; no job is too big or too small.
- The ability to build strong internal relationships and leverage cross-department resources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- The ability to work and collaborate as part of a small, fast-paced team.
- A willingness to be flexible with working hours dependent upon the event schedules.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in conference, functions or hospitality industries.
- A degree in Events Management or other relevant degree is preferable.
- Proven experience in assisting in the operational delivery of events and conferences.
- Proficient use of the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, mail merges, email and web applications.
- Accounts payable, receivable and reconciliation experience.
- Basic AV knowledge.
In return, we offer the opportunity to be an integral part of a very progressive and successful company, the chance to work with a great team of highly motivated and dedicated people in what is probably the best office in the world, a competitive remuneration package, excellent staff benefits and a truly unique environment.
For more information on the role please contact
Conference & Events Operations Manager
Applications close 10 Feb 2019