Heritage Lifecare Ltd - Palmerston North - Manawatu
Karina Lifecare is a small 37-bed stage two rest home facility located in Roslyn, Palmerston North. With great support from management, and an emphasis on building strong relationships with the residents and their families, this site is proud of its reputation.
We are looking for a Weekend Cook to join our catering team on a permanent part time basis.
Applicants must have the following:
• Be available to cover sickness and annual leave
• Minimal of 1-year experience of working within a rest home environment or very similar
• Hold relevant chemical training certificate
• Be able to budget costing and design
• Have sound knowledge of nutrition and dietetics
• Aware of the cultural dimensions of food
• Staff organisation and ancillary areas
• Be computer literate to place food orders and manage any shortfalls in deliveries efficiently and effectively
• Be forward thinking and proactive in approach with good common sense
• Have excellent awareness of food safety
• A First Aid certificate is preferred but not essential
• Be available for an immediate start
Are you keen? If so, we would love to hear from you. Please provide a CV, covering letter and completed application form.
Applications will be reviewed as they come in and interviews may be held before the closing date of this advert, so please, if you are interested get your application in as soon as possible to increase your chances.
Please note: to be eligible for this position you must have a legal right to work in New Zealand and be prepared to undergo a police vetting procedure.