Ballance Agri-Nutrients Ltd - Tauranga - Bay of Plenty
The year may be new, but we’ve got a Top 40 business and a long history behind us. We are looking for a Corporate Safety & Health Manager to enable the implementation of our H&S strategy across our group of companies.
This exciting opportunity (reporting to the Safety Health Environment & Quality Manager), will play a pivotal role in the implementation of the Ballance Safety Management systems and processes to ensure that they are fit for purpose and relevant to the business.
The role includes active engagement with the business ensuring ownership at the business level, as well as being the lead coach and mentor of the SHEQ professionals within the business, a trainer and an internal auditor.
You have the opportunity to truly make a difference in the world of Safety and Health as part of the Ballance Group SHEQ team. Utilising your passion, drive and experience in this area, you will get to influence managers and SHEQ professionals to create a positive culture of health and safety for themselves and their teams, while also ensuring consistency of our systems and practices across the Ballance Group of Companies.
You will be responsible for:
- Enabling a cultural change where excellence is the outcome
- Ensuring that our Safety and Health systems are easy to use and effective in risk management
- Enabling the implementation of industry best practice in relation to H&S Standards and processes
- Enabling the business to extract, analyse and understand their H&S data and how best to respond to that data
- Providing technical guidance and best practice advice to internal stakeholders in relation to H&S management
- Coaching and assisting the business to accurately investigate and manage incidents/events
- Leading the company internal H&S Audit programme
- Overseeing and supporting Business unit managers with their Injury Rehabilitation programme across the Group of companies
- Establishing and implementing consistent access to health and wellness programmes across the Ballance Group
To ensure your success in this role, you will need:
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant Safety & Health discipline
- Minimum of five years proven management experience in a similar role with demonstrated capability in the application of workplace Safety and Health management
- Proven experience in supporting organisational culture change
- Proven auditing experience against ISO 18001 (ASNZ4801) & ISO 14001 standards
- Report writing skills and the ability to prepare procedures
If you are driven to lead change in the Safety and Health culture of Ballance and can quickly build relationships to influence change then this is your opportunity to make a difference!
Applications close 23 Jan 2019