Ballance Agri-Nutrients Ltd - Mount Maunganui - Bay of Plenty
There are those who make and sell fertiliser and feed – and then there’s Ballance Agri-Nutrients.
We’re real people making a real difference to kiwi farmers and sustainable food production. From nutrient management advice, fertiliser and feed to online farm management and aerial topdressing, we work hard to help our farmers get results.
We're looking for a summer intern who is enthusiastic to learn quickly and apply themselves in a company that has a world leading geospatial solution. Working on a variety of activities, this opportunity will suit a tertiary student looking for real world experience for their studies.
You will be responsible for:
- Performing geospatial analysis and providing advice to enhance business processes
- Researching, recommending and developing best approach for tasks
- Creating and enhancing tools to capture and visualise spatial data
- Working with the Data Science team to develop data analytics
Your Successful attributes are:
- Familiarity with geospatial techniques and knowledge of geospatial tools
- A passion and affinity for the rural environment
- Willingness to learn about new geospatial technologies and leading edge solutions
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to easily relate to others
- Motivated to work on your own initiative and not afraid to ask questions
To be eligible for this internship, students must:
- Be studying a bachelor degree, a graduate diploma or certificate, a bachelor honours degree, a postgraduate diploma or certificate, or con-joint undergraduate degrees. If graduated, this must have been in the last 6 months.
- Be studying science, technology, engineering, design or business at a New Zealand tertiary education institute.
- Be legally permitted to work in New Zealand.
If you are excited about Geospatial and have a passion to develop your skills then this might be the role for you to learn, develop and grow.
Applications close 07 Dec 2018