SPCA - Blenheim - Nelson/Marlborough
Contract: Permanent full time
Hours of work will be: 8.00am - 4.30pm, 5 days per week, days yet to be specified
Location: Renwick, Marlborough
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1883.
We are seeking a dynamic individual committed to ensuring the wellbeing of canines in an animal care centre environment. Experience handling canines and canine behaviour is highly desirable and a strong willingness to learn.
Our ideal Candidate will:
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude.
- Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare.
- Be a quick thinker who is skilled at multi-tasking
- Have practical animal-handling experience and knowledge.
- Have a flexible approach to the hours of work, and be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads.
- Have excellent computer skills.
- Demonstrate empathy and resilience
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close 24th July 2018