SPCA - West Auckland - Auckland
Contract: Permanent Full Time
Hours of work will be: 40 hours per week
Location: Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1872.
We are seeking a special person to take on the big role of Philanthropy and Legacy Manager. Working closely with the General Manager – Marketing & Fundraising you will lead the implementation of a new national legacy strategy and drive the development and implementation of a major gift strategy. You will support a small, dedicated and driven team as part of the wider marketing and fundraising team. It’s a fast paced environment with lofty goals and a world of opportunities to work with our donors and help them realise their animal welfare ambitions.
You will bring a wealth of knowledge and experience in major donor and legacy fundraising with a proven track record of getting great results. We are particularly looking for someone with a very positive can-do attitude who can work well in an environment of significant change.
In return, we can offer you the very best work stories, a competitive salary, a wellness policy that includes playtime with puppies and kittens, a supportive team, and a fundraising savvy and supportive CEO and board.
Our ideal Candidate will:
- Have a passion for animal welfare and want to make a difference
- Possess strong relationship and excellent communication skills, in addition to analytical and planning capabilities, capable of securing and retaining major and legacy donors for the SPCA
- Possess the ability to interact effectively with a wide range of people
- Have had previous success in legacy and major gift fundraising, working at a management level for at least 3 years in a similar capacity
- Have experience in managing staff and volunteers, guiding the setting of goals and ensuring they have the support they need to achieve and where possible exceed those goals
- Be someone who is high performing, motivated and looking to “make their mark” by significantly growing the organisations’ revenue from major gift and legacy activities
- Be a team player, keen to engage with others, seek opinions and guidance and contribute positively to our team and organisational culture
- Have the ability to meet deadlines, cope well under pressure and achieve revenue targets
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close 30th July 2018.