SPCA - Wellington City - Wellington
Contract: Permanent Full Time
Hours of work will be: Rostered shifts between 8am and 7pm including weekends
Location: SPCA | Wellington Centre
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1883.
We are seeking a candidate for a varied Customer Service role:
The Customer Support Team of the Wellington centre attends to general enquiries, welfare complaints, donation and support enquiries, clients of the veterinary practice, people coming in to adopt animals, visitors and conference/event attendees. This team also plays a key role in managing the acceptance and admittance of animals into the centre’s care.
As a Customer Service Representative, you will be the first point of contact for anyone approaching the organisation, either in person or over the phone. Every interaction counts, so we are looking for someone with exceptional interpersonal skills who is quick on the uptake and emotionally resilient.
Due to the diverse nature of this role, you will need to be adaptable and enthusiastic as well as being quick at gathering and analysing information. You are also comfortable with learning and finding your way around various computer programmes.
You will have previous experience in a relevant customer service role along with a friendly and professional manner and the ability to calmly and effectively handle difficult situations. You will need good problem solving skills and be able to use your initiative to perform a variety of tasks to a high standard. A great sense of humour is also a must.
Our ideal Candidate will:
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude.
- Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare.
- Be a quick thinker who is skilled at multi-tasking
- Have a flexible approach to the rostered hours of work, and be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads.
- Have excellent computer skills.
- Demonstrate empathy and resilience
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
- Be able to ensure that all visitors and calls are handled in a consistent manner
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close 13 July 2018.