SPCA - South Auckland - Auckland
Contract: Permanent full-time
Hours of work will be: 40 hours per week
Location: SPCA Auckland in Mangere and any other Auckland offices as required
We are looking for a positive and enthusiastic Senior Communications Coordinator to join the SPCA Marketing, Communications and Fundraising Team. Ideally, you’ll have a background in communications or public relations and have experience in both securing proactive media coverage and responding to media enquiries. As well as writing press releases, you’ll develop content for our external and internal publications; including social media networks, website and our magazine.
The SPCA Marketing, Communications and Fundraising Team is hard-working and fast-paced so you will need a high level of attention to detail, and must be able to work independently and manage deadlines. We have a friendly, collaborative and supportive team environment and there is opportunity to learn and grow your skills across many different areas.
The Senior Communications Coordinator will help implement the SPCA’s communications strategy, contribute to media management, implement communications campaigns and produce written content for the SPCA’s web and print publications.
Essential skills and experience required:
- At least 3 years’ experience in a communications or public relations role, with media liaison experience
- A tertiary qualification in communications, journalism or public relations
- Excellent written communication ability, including writing for print and web publications
- Proven experience in media management; including writing and distributing media releases, pitching stories that are in line with the organisation’s communications strategy and responding to media enquiries promptly and professionally
- An understanding of website management, social media marketing and email marketing
- Confident communication skills with the ability to build relationships and liaise with a range of different stakeholders
- Takes initiative and can work autonomously
- A commitment to high quality work and professionalism
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise, multi task and meet expected deadlines
- Ability to manage confidential information with responsibility and integrity
- Commitment to the values of the SPCA
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close 16th July 2018