SPCA - New Plymouth - Taranaki
Location: New Plymouth
Permanent - Full Time Position
The SPCA has a new vacancy for an Op Shop Manager to manage the day to day operations of our Devon & Liardet St Opportunity shops.
The SPCA is a well-respected charity that is dedicated to preventing the cruelty and suffering of animals through education and enforcement. We rescue, rehabilitate and rehome thousands of lost, sick, injured, abandoned and abused animals every year. With no government funding, we rely heavily upon the generosity of the community, (by way of bequests, donations and sponsorship) to maintain our service throughout New Zealand.
The successful management of the SPCA New Plymouth Op Shops generates additional funds to help our Animal Centre, and allow us to extend our reach in promoting our services and encouraging support for our organisation.
We are looking for a positive and motivated Op Shop Manager who will manage all aspects of the retail operation, including; administration/finance, warehousing and volunteers.
Our ideal person will have:
- Experience in retail management
- An ability to manage, motivate and develop people
- Financial management ability (banking and reports)
- Passionate about animal welfare
- An approachable, professional and positive outlook, with strong work ethic, energy and initiative.
Your duties will include:
- Day to day store, financial and volunteer staff management.
- Recruit, manage, develop, discipline, lead and ‘listen’ to volunteer staff.
- Provide clear and professional communication at all times.
- Quality stock control/warehouse management.
- Ensure a high overall standard of presentation, cleanliness and maintenance within the store.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are followed and in place.
- Arrange marketing, promotion and advertising – in conjunction with the Op Shop Area Manager.
- Maintain sound level of financial profitability and meet performance targets.
- Daily banking, and other documentation as required.
- Maintain health and safety standards as set by the SPCA regulations.
- Ensure a high standard of customer service and provide a caring, cooperative, friendly atmosphere within the store
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, please apply now!
Applications Close 20th June 2018