SPCA - Whangarei - Northland
Location: SPCA Whangarei
Hours: 8.00am- 5pm 30 hours per week rostered days
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need since 1883. SPCA Whangarei cares for animals that have been lost, abandoned, injured, or abused.
Our small and dedicated team of veterinary staff provide professional support to animals in our care to achieve the best outcome for animals. You will be expected to demonstrate a high level of professionalism and empathy, and as part of the team, ensure that the animals receive best practice care and treatment. SPCA Whangarei runs a community desexing programme so the ideal candidate will have experience with small animal surgery.
We are currently on the lookout for a motivated, compassionate, fully qualified vet nurse with an excellent work ethic and a minimum of 1-year clinical experience. We are able to offer the successful applicant a great team to work with, a unique, challenging environment and an opportunity to further develop and strengthen your nursing skills.
- Veterinary nursing qualification
- Minimum of 1-year clinical experience
- Able to do IV injections, IV placement, blood collection and other laboratory processing, x-rays, general anesthetic monitoring, surgical and inpatient nursing
- Great team player
- Excellent communication skills
- Great time management
- Able to work with and support both staff members and volunteers and members of the public
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, then hit the APPLY button.
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close 28 June 2018.