SPCA - Gisborne - Gisborne
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand. We have a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare, which we have been doing this since 1883.
We are seeking a confident Senior Animal Attendant who can help our centre achieve the best outcomes for the animals under our care. The Senior Animal Attendant is responsible for leading a small team taking care of the animals in the shelter, including feeding, cleaning and administering medication, monitoring animal health and behaviour, dealing with general enquiries, and coordinating volunteers working in the animal areas.
As the ideal candidate for this position, you will have previous experience working with animals and managing a team, and ideally hold an animal care or veterinary nursing qualification.
Our ideal Candidate will:
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude.
- Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare.Have the confidence and knowledge to give direction to staff and volunteers.
- Be a quick-thinker who is skilled at multi-tasking.
- Have practical animal-handling experience and knowledge.
- Have a flexible approach to the hours of work, and be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads.
- Have excellent computer skills.
- Demonstrate empathy and resilience
- Have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, then hit the APPLY button.
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close Friday 22 June at 5.00pm