SPCA - Levin - Manawatu
SPCA - Levin Centre
Permanent Part-Time Role
Reporting to the Centre Manager the animal care attendant is an exciting position that has become available at the Levin SPCA Centre. In this position you will be expected to assist the manager in the day to day running of the Centre and its volunteers, animal management including surrenders, adoptions, vet runs, medicating cleaning and relevant paperwork duties.
To apply for this position you will ideally have:
• A proven professional track record in animal care, vet nurse certificate a bonus!
• Be able to supervise and train volunteers
• Be able to work as part of a team and unsupervised
• Have excellent people skills
• Be able to deal with confrontation
• Cash handling skills
• Good computer skills
• Hold a current full driving license and be able to drive a manual vehicle (essential)
• Live in the Horowhenua area
This is a 10 hour a week position working 5 hours each Monday and Friday.
This is an excellent opportunity for somebody looking to get into the workforce, particually animal welfare sector and extend their knowledge of animals.
This applicant must also be flexible with regards to covering sickness and holidays of other team members
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, then hit the APPLY button.
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close Friday 22 June at 5.00pm