SPCA - Taupo - Waikato
Contract: Permanent part-time role
Hours of work will be: Sunday 8.30am - 4.00pm & Monday 8.30am - 4.00pm
Location: SPCA Taupo Centre
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand. We have a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare, which we have been doing this since 1883.
We are seeking a confident Animal Attendant who can help our centre achieve the best outcomes for the animals under our care. The Animal Attendant is responsible for assisting with incoming & general care of the animals including feeding, cleaning and administering medication, monitoring animal health and behaviour, dealing with enquiries regarding adoption of dogs in person, via phone or website and coordinating volunteers working in the animal areas
An applicant with Animal husbandry/handling experience is preferable but not a requirement.
Our ideal Candidate will:
- Have excellent communication and customer service skills, with the ability to handle conflict situations and a friendly and positive attitude.
- Be a self-motivated team player, who is enthusiastic and passionate about animal welfare.
- Be a quick thinker who is skilled at multi-tasking
- Have practical animal-handling experience and knowledge.
- Have a flexible approach to the hours of work, and be able to prioritise and effectively manage workloads.
- Have excellent computer skills.
- Demonstrate empathy and resilience
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have a love for working with both people and animals.
Are you committed to the values of the SPCA? Does this sound like the ideal role for you? If you match the above criteria, then hit the APPLY button.
Applications without a cover letter will NOT be considered.
Applications close Friday June 15th 2018.