SPCA - South Auckland - Auckland
Contract: Permanent part-time role
Hours: 25 hours per week. Flexibility required.
Location: SPCA Auckland Centre, Mangere
Are you passionate about providing fit for purpose facilities for our staff, volunteers and animals?
SPCA is one of the best loved and most respected charities in New Zealand, with a proud history of helping animals in need and advocating for animal welfare since 1883.
We are currently looking for a part time, experienced facilities manager to help run our facilities smoothly and keep us going on a day to day basis. In this role you will be responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the SPCA Auckland facilities, ensuring the facility is fit for purpose, maintenance is managed effectively ensuring the most cost effective approach for our charity.
No two days will be the same as you will be receiving a variety of maintenance, building and repairs requests and it will be up to you to manage, coordinate and build relationships with suppliers in order to get the best outcome for our animal village. You will be tasked with completing jobs within budget and finding solutions to problems whilst keeping people’s safety top of mind. You may also be required to attend emergencies over the weekend or afterhours, so flexibility is a must.
To be successful in this role, you will have exceptional maintenance, procurement and facilities management experience, along with a ‘can-do’ attitude. Experience with technology is also preferred
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous, proven experience in facilities management
- Good financial understanding
- Maintenance and repairs experience
- Good administration skills
- Flexible approach to work
- Full NZ Drivers licence
Skills & Abilities
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written.
- Handyman experience and general building knowledge preferred
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good project management skills
- Ability to prioritise both planned and reactive tasks
- Very good inter-personal skills
- Commitment to the values of the SPCA Auckland.
- Ability to work cohesively and effectively with all SPCA Auckland staff and external suppliers and contractors.
- Kind, friendly, approachable and professional.
If this sounds like the role for you, then hit the APPLY button.
Applications close 9am on Friday 25th May 2018.