Port Taranaki - New Plymouth - Taranaki
Port Taranaki is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our Marine division as a qualified deck hand on Port Taranaki’s company vessels. This is a progressive role that offers the successful candidate ongoing training and guidance in order to ultimately provide cover for Launch and Tug Operations across roles of Deckhand, Engineer or Master.
Key responsibilities will include assisting the safe and efficient navigation of Port Taranaki operated vessels during in-harbour Tug manoeuvres and Launch Pilot transfers while taking responsibility for Deck operations under the Master’s supervision. You will also be required to provide relief to cover leave within the Marine team where required.
We are looking for a candidate with a high level of commitment to company culture, safety and values, who is capable of promoting a spirit of teamwork and cooperation in the Marine department and across the company as a whole. A proven ability and confidence for working on the water is a must. You must also have the ability to maintain flexible working hours – day and night shifts will be required.
To be successful, candidates will present with:
- Evidenced seatime of >200 hours
- Knowledge of vessel operations, both inshore and offshore
- A passion and commitment to learning and working on the water
- Forward thinking ability and capable in working unsupervised
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work in a team environment
- A customer focus and ability to provide professional service to customers, suppliers and other Port Taranaki staff
- Hold a Qualified Deckhand Certificate (QDC) – if not, then this must be achieved within 90 day trial period.
- A positive, ‘Can do” attitude
A MEC 5/6 qualification, SRL/ILM and Marine Radio Operators certificate is desirable.
Apply online now. Applications must include a CV, cover letter and application for Employment form.
Applications close 5pm Friday 16th February.
To apply for this position you must fill out the following application form. Please complete and attach with your application
Applications close 16 Feb 2018