Skills Active - Wellington City - Wellington
Salary/Wages: $101,000 to $117,000 per annum
Skills Active is The Industry Training Organisation (ITO) for the recreation, sport, exercise, snowsport and performing arts industries. Our primary role is to develop nationally recognised qualifications that reflect the needs of industry and facilitate workplace learning and development within the recreation, sport, exercise, snowsport and performing arts sectors. We have a strong commitment to Tikanga Maori and biculturalism in our workplace and demonstrate this in our day to day business.
We are looking for a General Manager – Trainee Support. As the title suggests, this role is about building and maintaining workplace and trainee relationships. This will enable Skills Active to be seen by our industries as a partner providing a ‘one stop shop’ for the continual upskilling of their staff and success of their business.
This person will have:
- Credibility in our industries
- Proven, successful relationship management
- First class customer service skills
- Enthusiasm and can-do approach!
This role involves:
- Supporting, managing and leading a team of Learning Support Advisors (LSAs). Our LSAs support trainees on a day to day basis ensuring they successfully complete the qualification that they enrol in
- Being part of the Senior Management team
- Understanding and adhering to TEC funding policies
- Understanding training needs analysis
- Meeting TEC targets while meeting client needs
- Building and maintaining relationships with our sector workplaces
- Looking for new business opportunities for Skills Active
- Promoting and implementing new and existing qualifications internally and externally
- Promoting Skills Active and what we are about through various media
- Preparing a budget and reporting on financial performance against that budget
The successful candidate will have experience/knowledge of:
- Leadership/people management
- Workforce training solutions and models of delivery
- NZQA Framework
- Quality Assurance
- Marketing and communications
- Financial Management
- Kaupapa Maori
As this role involves relationship building and getting out and about, you must be able to travel to meet role requirements and have a full, clean drivers licence.
You will enjoy working with a great bunch of people in a funky style office. We pride ourselves on our fun and whanau culture and Skills Active has been announced as a finalist in the IBM Best Workplaces survey for 2017.
If we have caught your interest and you would like to apply for this position, click ‘apply online’ and complete the application. Please address to Courtenay Suppinger and include a cover letter, current resume and application form.
Please note: Applications without a cover letter, resume and a completed application form will not be considered for the position (if you apply on Seek website you will receive a link with application form after you apply).
To apply for this position you must fill out the following application form. Please complete and attach with your application
Applications close 07 Feb 2018